7 Surprising Body Facts Your Doctor Never Told You Before
Your body will never cease to amaze you, and this universal truth will not change. How many of you think that your body gives you a different experience every single day? Talking about myself, I feel it daily, and probably you’ll agree with me too.
Every day, your body goes through so many small incidents that amaze you and at times, even leave you with deep thoughts. You start wondering, is it your body or a machine which is performing bazillion functions at the same time without giving you any clue.
Have a look at how amazing your body is and what it does to surprise you.
1) Your body sheds about 600,000 skin particles every hour.
You may think only a snake sheds its skin, but that’s not correct. We humans are constantly shedding our skin throughout the day.
2) Testicle size corresponds with nurturing.
Emory University did a research study that found that men with smaller testicles tended to be more nurturing and more involved with their children. It’s something to consider when picking a mate, ladies!
3) Your feet may get bigger as you age.
Over time, the ligaments in our feet begin to wear down. This makes our feet wider and longer. This is more common in people who are overweight.
4) Your butt and mouth work in similar ways.
When you say the word “poop,” it’s actually the same motion your butt makes when it actually poops. What a strange fact!
5) Women are typically colder than men thanks to body fat.
The female body has more fat, which keeps her core warmer. But that means that less blood gets to the extremities, making her body feel colder.
6) Old people really do have a smell.
The smell is caused by chemicals that are released as skin glands break down. Scientists believe the smell comes from a compound called 2-noneal.
7) The sweat from your armpits really is smellier than other sweat.
When you sweat around your armpits and around your groin, the body releases an oily substance that bacteria love. The odor that you smell is actually the bacteria eating that oil.
8) Don’t poop for weeks and you’ll start looking like a pregnant woman.
9) Your elbow can never touch your hand.
10) Your body is a complete machine. Drink chocolate milk and your body will turn it into pee.
11) Every man was once inside a woman’s body.